I’ve been lucky enough to work on some amazing magazines and other projects. Here are a few highlights…
- Magazines: I have been Features Director on Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, Easy Living and that’s life! Since leaving my full time role I have worked for a range of different titles from The Guardian and The Pool to Woman’s Weekly and Prima – carrying out interviews, writing reports and, on one painful occasion, learning to do the splits in eight weeks for Good Housekeeping!
- Artist & Maker One of my favourite roles is interviewing artists who work with vintage or found materials for the vintage/eco design title Reclaim. One month I’m talking to someone who weaves sculptures from bindweed, the next, an artist who recreated Taylor Swift with Tic Tacs. You can see some of my work here.
- Book reviews: I spent three years as Books Editor for Cosmopolitan, covering anything from health books to the latest hot literary read. I also been Acting Books Editor at Good Housekeeping. Now freelance, I write about books whenever I can.
- Investigations: I love writing about social issues and hot topics. I’ve covered a wide range of topics including eating disorders on university campuses, the impact of debt, and surviving childhood trauma.
- Real life: I cut my teeth on complex real life stories, and pride myself on being a sympathetic interviewer, able to focus on the heart of the story and write something that will make the readers laugh, cry or feel inspired. See my top tips on real life interviews here.
- Websites: While at Good Housekeeping I played a key role in designing goodhousekeeping.co.uk and acted as launch Web Editor – the site went on to win a coveted Online Award within a year of its launch.
- Publicity work: I spent several years as a media consultant helping the breast cancer charity Walk the Walk gain publicity and press coverage for their events, including the MoonWalks in London Edinburgh and Iceland.
- Fiction: My debut whodunnit for adults, The Twelve Days of Murder published by Zaffre is out this year. Dead Lucky, a twisty crime novel set in the world of influencers came out in 2022 and The Girl Who…, my debut novel for young adults, launched with Atom in January 2021. My short story, An Intervention, appears in We Need To Talk, a collection of stories in aid of The Eve Appeal.
Publications and organisations I have worked with include:
Good Housekeeping, The Guardian, Cosmopolitan, Reclaim, Grazia, Marie Claire, Prima, Walk the Walk, Daily Telegraph that’s life!, Real People, Mail Online, Sunday Express, goodhousekeeping.co.uk, mymenopausecentre.org